HIGHLIGHTS IN THE HISTORY OF NOTRE DAME OF GENERAL SANTOS CITY

1953       -  Bro. Damian Teston, FMS, Director of Notre Dame of Lagao, opened two extension classes in the old church of Dadiangas.

1955       -  Notre Dame of Dadiangas was opened with Bro. Michael O’keefe, FMS, as Director.  Classes were held in 8 improvised classrooms of sawali and cogon constructed in the present site of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Parish Church.
 
1958          -  The Dominican Sisters took over the administration of Notre Dame of Dadiangas  with the late Sr. Raymunda Santos, OP as Directress and Superior.

1959          -  The Marist Brothers transferred the NDD Boys’ Department to the present site of NDDU.

1959–1960 -  Notre Dame of Dadiangas  has  an  enrolment of 263 staffed with 5 Dominican Sisters and 7 lay teachers.

1966-1967 -  Opening of the Grade School Department with 100 pupils in grades 1 & 2. The Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) recognized it as a separate entity from NDD Boys’ Department and acquired a new name – NOTRE DAME OF DADIANGAS GIRLS’ DEPARTMENT.

 

1977    - NDDGD acquired its new name, NOTRE DAME OF DADIANGAS FOR GIRLS.

1978-1979 -  NDDFG    underwent   a   self -  survey; its second self-survey was in 1980.  In November  1980, it had its initial PAASCU visit.

1983-1984 -  The High School Department underwent the first PAASCU Initial Survey and got the candidate status for formal accreditation.

1984-1985 - NDDFG became a full-pledged member of the prestigious accrediting association (PAASCU) and earned its status as the FIRST PAASCU ACCREDITED HIGH SCHOOL in the entire NDEA System.  The High School Department was granted an initial accreditation for 3 years.
1987-1988  -  The     school     hurdled    through     a preliminary survey

1989-1990  -    NDDFG got its claim-the FIRST PAASCU ACCREDITED HIGH SCHOOL  and GRADE SCHOOL in South Cotabato.

1997-1998 -    PAASCU re-accreditation; second for the High School and first for the Grade School.
1998-1999 -     The Grade School became co-ed with 22 boys
                         in Kindergarten 1.
1999-2000 -     Another  PAASCU accreditation for both departments and was awarded another five years accreditation status.
Sept. 27, 2000 - Approval of the new name – NOTRE DAME OF GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Inc. (NDGSC) by the SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION (SEC) as stipulated in the AMENDED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION.
2001-2002 -   The High School became co-ed with the enrolment of boys in the first year. 

2005-2006 -  Another PAASCU accreditation for both departments  and was awarded another five years accreditation status.

                Inspired  by the Dominican ideals of “Passion for Truth and  Compassion for Humanity”   ND-SCGSC continues  in its   commitment and gratitude to God in its new site in  Purok Masagana, San Isidro effective SY: 2008-2009 with the merging of NDL and NDGSC.  It is named Notre Dame-Siena College of General Santos City after it was approved by SEC on March 15, 2008.

            Under the protecting mantle of Notre Dame, Our Mother, the intercessions of St. Dominic and St. Catherine and the missionary spirit of Mother Francisca del Espiritu Santo, ND-SCGSC proclaims God’s Kingdom for a transformed society where people become self-reliant and community service-oriented.